As a leading not-for-profit health services organization, we are comprised of a family of companies including:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, providing health benefit plans, programs, and services to more than 1.1 million members in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, and beyond. A leading not-for-profit health services company, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care guides members — and the communities it serves — to better health. Founded by doctors nearly 50 years ago, it builds on that legacy and partnerships with an expansive network of doctors and hospitals to improve health outcomes and lower costs through clinical quality and innovative care management.
- Tufts Health Plan, nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage, touches the lives of more than 1.1 million members in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut through employer-sponsored plans, Medicare, Medicaid, and Marketplace plans, offering health insurance coverage across the life span regardless of age or circumstance. It ranks consistently among the top health plans in the country based on quality and member satisfaction.
- CarePartners of Connecticut, offering Medicare Advantage plans to Connecticut’s older adults. This joint venture harnesses the expertise of Hartford HealthCare and Tufts Health Plan, aligning physicians, hospitals, and a health plan together: increasing quality and improving the coordination of care for members.
- The Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute’s Department of Population Medicine, the nation’s only medical school appointing department based in a health plan. This unique collaboration between Harvard Pilgrim and Harvard Medical School is focused on innovative teaching and research to address health care issues.
- Health Plans, Inc., (HPI), one of the largest third-party administrators of self-funded plans in New England, delivering highly customized solutions to employers across the country.
- Integra Partners, supplying modular solutions for pricing, network, and management of durable medical equipment for providers and health plans, lowering costs, and improving health outcomes.
- MedWatch, an HPI affiliate, a population health management company delivering a wide range of services from biometric screening and chronic disease management to care management and utilization review.
- Trestletree, another HPI affiliate, providing behavior-focused coaching to support individuals, families, workplaces, physician practices, and communities.
In addition are our Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Collaborations, independent partnerships between Tufts Health Plan and four provider groups, the most of any health plan in Massachusetts. We partner with Atrius Health, Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization, Boston Children’s Hospital, and Cambridge Health Alliance in support of MassHealth reform efforts. The ACOs provide integrated, coordinated care for our Medicaid population that improves overall health with more efficiency.